Thank you for such a great 1st weekend of our 17/18 P.O.W.W.O.W. produce season. We were able to distribute 210,000 pounds of fresh produce to the many communities statewide. Our varieties was not as abundant as projected last week but will get better every week. As one of our four programs, Borderlands Food Bank strive to help everyone has the right to eat healthier and provide the best customer service. The Original $10 for 60 lbs. of fresh nutritious rescued produce.
For Saturday, November 11th from the hours of 8:00am – 11:00am (Unless Specified) we will there will be 16 P.O.W.W.O.W. market locations in the State of Arizona. For a $10 contribution, you can shop for up to 60 lbs. of fresh nutritious rescued produce. Please check back for the varieties of produce offered and map of locations.
For those who are new to the P.O.W.W.O.W. program, at the registration table tell the person you are new and would like to complete the P.O.W.W.O.W. ID card, once completed you will be provided the perforated side of the card with your ID number. Contribute on your $10, grab a large box or two smaller boxes, walk up to the produce line and enjoy shopping for your 60 lbs. of produce. Have more questions try our FAQs page.
—–Metro Phoenix and Pinal County Service Area —–
• Church of Christ at the Vineyard – 6642 S. 16th St., Phx 85042
• Corona Baptist Church – 4450 W. Ray Rd., Chandler 85226
• Faith Bible Church – 17230 N. 59th Ave., Glendale 85308
• Genesis Church – 13625 N. 32nd St., Phoenix 85032
• Legacy Foundation Christ-Town YMCA – 5517 N. 17th Ave., Phoenix 85015
• San Tan Valley Farmers Market & Bazaar (@ Combs High School – 2505 E. Germann Rd., San Tan Valley 85140 (Hours: 7:00am – 11:00am)
• The Odyssey Institute of Advanced & International Studies – 1495 S. Verrado Way, Buckeye 85326
• Word of Abundant Life Christian Center – 6849 W. Indian School Rd., Phoenix 85033
—–Metro Tucson and SO/SE Arizona Service Area ——
• Agua Caliente Elementary School – 11420 E. Limberlost Rd., Tucson 85749
• Arizona State Veterans Home – 555 E. Ajo Way, Tucson 85713
• Enchanted Hills Baptist Church – 3020 S. Mission Rd., Tucson 85713
• Mount Zion Lutheran Church – 4520 W. Ajo Way, Tucson 85746
• Resurrection Lutheran Church – 11575 N. 1st Ave., Oro Valley 85737
• Safford Lions Club (@ The Home Depot) – 750 S. 20th Ave., Thatcher 85552
• Tucson High School – 400 N. 2nd Ave., Tucson 85705
• Vineyard City Church – 3150 E. Ft. Lowell Rd., Tucson 85716 (Hours: 6:00am – 9:00am)
View the produce season schedule for the market locations. Do you want to volunteer at a P.O.W.W.O.W. market or help us with your marketing and social media skills. If interested, please register.Subscribe to our weekly newsletter for market locations, varieties of produce offered, recipe of the week and much more.
#Share #Volunteer #ProduceOnWheels #BorderlandsFoodBank #ProudceRescue #FoodRescue #MaricopaCoutny #PimaCounty #PinalCounty #GrahamCounty #Phoenix #Chandler #Glendale #SanTanVAlley #Buckeye #Tucson #OroValley #Thatcher #Safford